Monday, August 11, 2014

Filling the void

I reopen this page today to pen out the phase of facing up to the inevitable, letting go. 

From the early years of having an online diary, to Augst 2014.
I have come a long way. Different institutions, different friends, different places, they all added up to who I am today.
Needless to say, being in University for almost the past 4 years in my life saw a stronger sense of attachment.
Yet another chapter of mine that somehow saw the ink etched darker and deeper onto each page that I flip.

Between maturity and freedom, these two arguably play a large role.
From the days of being cooped up at home, sad and depressed from what I call home (Singapore), I now face up to my future home (Bangkok) with a pending burden buried on the inside. 


Going beyond the foundations of what I've built here, Melbourne has grown to become some place I've fallen in love with, propelled by the accompaniment of a family away from home, my friends.
The goodbyes that I have to prepare myself for, the illusion that this garden of eden is still there awaiting me has to be dropped. The culture, the place, and most importantly the people here has left me hesitant to move on, knowing the fact that I am now in an 'unemployed' status, rather than that of a 'students''.  


Accustomed to change in the past is playing a major role in letting go of my friends, my workers, my favourite hang out places. Or have I managed to finally found something so genuine that I just can't let go of it.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment